Sunday, April 13, 2008

So Much Going on...

I have slacked big time with this blog. We have had so much going on since my last post. I'll start with March 7.

Harrison got put on a really strong antibiotic for his chronic ear infections. Three weeks on Cipro found us having very bad diapers. He went from the constipation extreme to the opposite extreme.

We went to San Antonio for a few days during Spring Break. We had a blast. We took the kids to Sea World and The Alamo. We walked the river each day and had a river boat tour one night. I will post pictures later. We all fed dolphins, which was really cool.

We got a dog. We have had her for a week. We adopted her and changed her name to Bella. She is part Collie and part Standard Poodle. She is the best dog. She will be one in July.

Harrison is still receiving physical, speech, and developmental services in our home. His new visitor is a Behavioral Therapist. She is going to begin a very structured program for him to help improve his play behavior. In addition, she will introduce a picture system with him. Hopefully this will help him develop some speech and improve his sign language. He has yet to say many words. The program she is trying on him is used for autistic children. She has not formally tested H for autism, but she does see some behavioral tendencies that he displays.

Harrison was tested for allergies and thank goodness he is not allergic to dairy. He had some minor reactions, but nothing to be alarmed about. William goes tomorrow for his testing.

Harrison has an MRI on Thursday. They are checking his Sacral dimple. They want to make sure he doesn't have a tethered cord. I am sure everything will come back fine.

Harrison got weighed by the dietitian last week. He weighed 23 pounds and 11 ounces. Yeah!

Easter was a great day. Everyone was well. We had the family over for lunch. My niece had strep throat, so we canceled the easter egg hunt. William was disappointed, but Harrison didn't have a clue.

I think this is it. As for me, I have been stressed out over Harrison's development and eating. We decided not to worry anymore on his eating. He is gaining some weight and continuing to grow slowly, and we're fine with that. Some meals he eats and some he does not. I can't stress over that anymore. I am spending so much energy stressing over his lack of play and verbal communication that I am exhausted. I am going to pray for God to take care of this now.

There is a toddler that I follow via his blog. This little boy needs prayers. He is scheduled to have surgery on Tuesday and he has been sick the past month with the stupid cold/flu. These heart kids can't just get the 10 day common cold like everyone else. Theirs usually seem to last forever. Anyway, please pray for Elijah. He needs to get rid of this cold, so Dr. Moga can repair his heart. It is ready! We have never met Elijah. He shares the same surgeon as Harrison, and goes to the same Cardiology office that we went to. He is in good hands!

I will add some pictures soon. I think this is a somewhat slow week coming up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are beautiful!

I found your blog via Elijah's - we have all shared the same hospital, surgeon and cardiology practice! My heart child doesn't have any chromosomal anomalies, but my daughter has Down syndrome so we've got unique genetucs in common too!

I also read on your Carepage (I swaer I am NOT a stalker - LOL!) that Harrison's vocal chord was paralyzed - did it heal? My son's was also paralyzed in surgery and will not be healing. Thankfully the other chord is compensating well, so other than heavy breathing and stridor, it isn't an issue.

Gabe is also receiving ST so that is even MORE in common.

We should be friends, dontcha think? LOL!