Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hospital...

Okay, so Dr. Sui's nurse called me this morning and had us come by after preschool for an out patient EKG and a 24 hour monitor. While there, his EKG didn't look great. Nurse Melinda said she would show Dr. Sui and she would call me this afternoon.

Before I got the car started the EKG Tech came out and told me to come back in and wait. Melinda came and told me she couldn't let us leave until Dr. Sui looked at the EKG.

Long story short, we are in the hospital for a 24 hour survelience. They believe H has a block causing the low heart rate. I asked the heart monitor tech on the floor for the average heart rate for a child his age. He said between 100 and 180. Well, H had a 74 while screaming during the blood draw. While playing his is a mere high 40 low 50.

The doctors will decide if he needs a pacemaker in a few days. The chances of this happening are pretty high. The only other possibility for a low heart rate could be a low thyroid function. Pray for a low thyroid function. Oh well, thank god we had the MRI.

I can't post photos since I don't have my camera. I'll keep the blog posted as updates come in. H is reading a book with Nana, so I better go check on them and his 8:00 meds.

Pray.

No comments: