Monday, April 21, 2008

No Tethered Cord

The great news is the MRI results came back and there is no tethered cord with his sacral dimple. However, while we were there the pulse ox was reading a slow heart rate. Before they took him his rate fluctuated between 45 and 50. In recovery, it was between 55 and 60. Nurses kept asking if a slow heart rate is normal for Harrison. I have no idea. After surgery 2.5 years ago he struggled with proving he didn't need a pacemaker and finally won that battle and didn't need one. Now, I have no idea. The pediatrician doesn't check this at all. I am waiting for Dr. Sui's nurse to call me back. I am worried. His rate shouldn't be this low. I keep the blog posted as I hear.

Speech just left and we worked on a structured play game teaching H the signs for ball and bubbles. Overall, he tolerated this well. He is asleep now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What great news! I know that was a huge relief off our chest when we got the same news.

Now what is going on with that heart rate? I'm glad they picked up on that and your getting it checked out. I'll be checking back later to see what they tell you.


I was going to ask you if it was okay to put Harrison's blog on my heart buddy list? I like to always ask before doing something like that.

Take Care

The Portas said...

Great news on the MRI! YAY!

Heart rate stuff freaks me out. I can understand your worry. Everything will be fine, though. It's good to get it checked out for peace of mind!

Did you see the pic of Dr. Moga on Elijah's blog? Cute Dr. Moga! :)

Take care and keep me posted on the heart rate stuff. We'll say some prayers tonight. Everything will be ok. xoxoxoxo

Tiffers said...

Yes Vanessa you may add H to your list. I don't have that on our blog yet. I still need to figure out how to do it.