Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 3

I left Harrison watching Finding Nemo in his hospital bed. I am teaching Summer Fun this week, so I came home and Boomer is staying with H. I can't believe the one week I work all summer and H is in the hospital. He had a rough day yesterday and this morning. He ate and drank good yesterday morning and by 1 pm he was looking sick. He would not eat or drink anything. He developed another fever. They had him on fluids, but he was not voiding. Let's see, this is what they did...blood work for CBC and WBC, urine test, another blood draw for a culture, suppository to help with you know what, increased his fluid intake, xray this morning, and an echo this morning. The good news is everything has come back negative. The xray still shows air in his chest cavity, but it is a little smaller. The echo shows a little fluid around the heart, but nothing to cause a fever. He had a sponge bath this morning and had a little Vanilla Bean Frappuccino. Mommy knows what he'll drink! Cook Children's is a very proactive hospital. His fever was 101.6 and they were on top of things. The blood culture is still "growing", but I believe they have decided that the constipation was contributing to the fever, as well as early signs of dehydration. The team had him on half the fluids through IV. They did this because they wanted H to drink the rest on his own. He had other plans. I am so glad that Cook is proactive, because this could have gone downhill quickly. The camera is at the hospital, so I will post pics later...I promise!

2 comments:

The Portas said...

I'm so glad the surgery was a success and that Harrison is recovering. The little bumps are just bumps and he'll get past those quickly.

I'm praying hard for all of you! I hope you're all getting rest and taking care of yourselves. HUGS to you!! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Hope this is the lat bump in his road to recovery. Take it one day at a time and before you know it you'll be out of there.

Hugs,
Vanessa