Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ruidoso, New Mexico

My mother and I took William, Harrison, and Emma (my niece) to Ruidoso, NM. My brother lives there with his fiance', Serena. We had a blast! This was my first time to be there in the Summer. It is even more beautiful in the Summer. We did so much.

William had a blast fishing. He bought his rod with his winnings.

Emma had a blast fishing. She bought her rod with her winnings.
They did not catch a fish with their rods, but they did catch tadpoles with their hands.

We saw a growing volcano called the Valley of Fires. The kids enjoyed climbing on the burnt lava rock. This valley is the third youngest growing volcano.

My brother told the kids there was a black bear hanging out in the woods near his cabin. They watched for that bear every night. William spotted him on Saturday morning. He was playing outside and we heard him scream. The next thing we knew he was standing in the door saying, "I just saw the bear!". His face was so excited. It was pretty cool.

We went on a car ride to Billy the Kid Landmarks, which took us to Lincoln, NM where Billy the Kid was finally shot and killed. William liked this too. Harrison was not too impressed. He was asleep in the car. I am taking all of the photos, so I am not in any of them.

Harrison had fun playing in the mud!

My mom, Emma, William, Jeremy (brother), and Harrison.

William after he won his first $5 bucks.

Emma, Harrison and William

Jeremy, Emma and William cashing in again.

One of the horse races.

Harrison feeding himself applesauce. This is a new development (post pacemaker).

William and Emma drinking out of camping metal cups.

My brother, Jeremy and his fiance', Serena (on the right).
Serena's mother, Maurice and my mother, Sandy (on the left).


We had an old fashion gun show followed by a real cowboy camp out dinner.

2 comments:

The Portas said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like such a blast!! Looks like the kids were all in heaven. Thanks so much for the pics! I enjoyed them.

Where are the pics of YOU???

Unknown said...

Loved the pictures! I used to live in Alamagordo, New Mexico so I've been up that way quite a bit. It really is a beautiful place during the summer. I'm glad you all had some good quality family time!