Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pacing right along...

Harrison had his pacemaker 6 week follow up today to check on everything. Since it was implanted on April 24, Harrison has gained 3.5 pounds and grew 2 inches. He is beginning to look 2.5 years old. Today he weighs 26 pounds and is 33 inches tall.

He did not like having the pacemaker checked. He screamed for a good 15 minutes while the nurses looked for the pacemaker with the little mouse. Apparently, H's pacemaker moved. It was located between muscles on his right side. In the past few days it must have slid down the muscle into his left side. I was unable to get any pictures of him. I was too busy singing to him to keep him calm. The nurses said I should get a job helping calm the children. They said most parents don't help calm their children. They expect the nurses to do it. I can't imagine! Those poor children. Harrison is the one going through all of this, I am just a bystander. The least I can do for my child is to help soothe him.

They did an x-ray to confirm the location of the pacemaker. They wanted to make sure the wires were not running out of length. We don't want those breaking, because then we'd be back in the OR. They want to see us in 4 weeks to check on the pacer's location. Except for that, everything else looks good. The pacer is pacing the bottom chambers at 100% and the top chambers at 15%.

On a lighter note, I have plantar fasciitis and early stages of hallus limitus. All on my right foot. Wow, does it hurt. Ah, the first signs of aging I guess!

2 comments:

The Portas said...

I'm glad to see an update...and a good one! Hopefully that pacer stays where it needs to be.

What are plantar fasciitis and hallus limitus? Sounds painful!

Take care! xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. I'm always checking in on you guys. I had no idea the pacer could move. I'll be praying it stays in place.

I agree with Megan...sounds pretty painful!!!