Sunday, February 24, 2008

It is just the flu...why do I get so scared!

Well, H woke up this morning happy at 6:30 am. We watched an early movie and I took William to his basketball game. I called at 9:30 to let Boomer know we were on our way home. He said he put H down for a nap, because he was laying on the floor. I got home around 9:45 and checked on H. My poor baby. He was laying in his bed next the red throw up. Red all over his white bumper pad. Oh well, at least it smelled like strawberries. He has been sleeping all day. I had my EMT/Fire Fighter neighbor come and check his breathing. I have been starring at his feet all day, because his toe nails appeared blue to me. I think I am paranoid. He just got up about half an hour ago and had water and Tylenol. He went back to sleep. But before I put him down I checked his feet. They are freezing. How can he have over 102 fever and have ice cold feet? He is wearing socks! This is when I don't like the experience we have gone through with him. H can't get the common flu without me fearing that his repair is failing. I don't like this feeling. I hope H has a better day tomorrow.

We did get his annual development evaluation back. He is currently 27 months old. He weighs 231bs and 10 ozs. He scored at 21 months for gross motor, 18 months for fine motor, 19 months for adaptive (feeding and dressing), 16 months for social, and 13 months for speech. We are thrilled with these scores. A year ago he wasn't even scoring 12 months in any of the areas, so this is a huge accomplishment for him. He has worked extremely hard for this, as have all of us. I will take some credit for his progress too.

1 comment:

The Portas said...

Of course you should take credit for this progress! This is wonderful news! It's good to see him progressing so well. Before you know it, he'll be just where he needs to be. What a champ!

I'm so sorry Harrison isn't feeling well and I'm also sorry that it puts worry in your life. I know how hard it is to just let things be and not get crazy about every little thing. Take care of yourself and give that little guy some healing hugs for me!

xoxoxoxoxo